Microsoft offers 12 Azure certifications to train professionals to work on the Azure Cloud platform and provide the necessary information to help you choose a career path. To keep up with the industry’s rising needs, Microsoft has updated some of their Azure role-based certifications, including the Administrator, Solution Architect, Developer and AI Engineer career paths, and introduced three new certificates.
The addition has caused an increase of up to 12 Microsoft Azure certifications along with 14 exams. These are organized into three levels, namely, Fundamental, Associate, and Expert. In this article, we hope to explore the top nine certifications and the details regarding their examinations.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900
This certification course does a great job of laying the foundations of Azure cloud services for freshers and reinforces some foundational concepts. It is beneficial for non-technical candidates who do not understand cloud services.
- This Microsoft Azure certification does not have any particular prerequisites
- The number of exam questions can vary between thirty to 40
- Exam duration is 60 Minutes and the passing Score Required is 700
- The exam fee is 99 USD
- Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals (Beta)
This is a new fundamental level certification that gives individuals basic knowledge of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) the necessary training to implement those concepts on Azure Cloud.
- This certification does require any prerequisites either
- The exam fee is 99 USD
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals Exam DP-900 (Beta)
This is another new Microsoft Azure certification that is beneficial for candidates with a knowledge of core data concepts such as relational or non-relational data to implement them on Microsoft Azure architecture.
- This certification exam has no prerequisites
- The exam cost is 99 USD
- Microsoft Azure Administrator – Associate Exam AZ-103
This certification validates the knowledge and skills of implementing, monitoring, and maintaining the Azure Cloud services, such as computation, storage, networking, and security.
- Candidates are advised to clear the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900, but this condition is not mandatory.
- The exam cost is $165
- Microsoft Azure Developer Associate Exam AZ-204
This Microsoft Certification is the latest version of the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate AZ-203 exam and validates the candidate’s knowledge about designing, building, and testing Azure-based apps and services.
- The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900 has an optional prerequisite
- Candidates are expected to have 1-2 years of development experience with proficiency in data storage
- The exam cost for this certification is $165
- Microsoft Azure AI Engineer – Associate Exam AI-100
This Microsoft Azure certification is curated for candidates wishing to implement AI concepts such as Natural Language Processing, Speech, Computer Vision, Bots, and Agents.
- This exam is easier if the candidates complete the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900
- The number of questions for this exam varies between 30 – 50 and lasts for 180 Minutes
- The exam fee is $165
- Microsoft Azure Data Scientist – Associate Exam DP-100
This certification trains candidates to apply the Azure machine learning approaches in training, evaluation, and deployment of models used in solving business problems.
- As a prerequisite for this certification, candidates are advised to complete the Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900
- The exam has 40 – 60 questions and lasts for 180 Minutes
- The Azure certification cost is 165 USD
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
The Azure Certified Solutions Architect certification requires candidates to pass two exams: AZ-300 and AZ-301.
- Exam AZ-300: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
This exam expert-level tests a candidate’s advanced knowledge and expertise in various IT operations obtained during the Azure certification training.
- Exam AZ-301: Microsoft Azure Architect Design
The second expert-level exam for Azure Solutions Architect tests candidates in various IT fields, including identity, data management, virtualization, networking, security, disaster recovery, etc.
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer – Expert Exam AZ-400
This Microsoft Cloud certification is designed for DevOps professionals responsible for delivering cloud services by improving collaboration and communications.
- This certification requires the candidate to complete the Azure Administrator Associate or Azure Developer Associate certification as a prerequisite
- The cost of this certification is $165
Azure’s 12 role-based certifications impart the much-needed training to professionals, beginning from configuring Azure infrastructure to integrating Azure services for Cloud Architects, thus helping them contribute to their future and organization.
Also Read:- How To Prepare For Azure Cloud Certification?