If you wants to become Web Developer but you dont you know how then this blog is very beneficial to you In this blog , I am going to tell you all those things which you should know to become a successful Web Developer , so read this blog till the end .
Decide Your Goal First
- You want to work for a company as a web developer which is the most popular and common reason.
- You want to work as a freelance developer to start your own business or agency.
- You can become a consultant for other companies.
- You can create your own app to make money.
- Code as a hobby.
From the above area of interest or goal, you can pick up the right tools and technology that is applicable to your goal. If your goal is to become just a front end developer you can choose the tools and technology of frontend development. The same goes for backend and full-stack development.
- Computer & OS: You can’t write code without a computer and OS running on it. To learn web development you don’t need any kind of fancy computer. You can use any kind of mid-range laptop or desktop. For the operating system, you can use MacOS, Windows (Latest version) or Linux whatever is comfortable for you.
- Text Editor / IDE: No doubt VSCode is good for most cases and most languages. It has good performance, great extensions, built in terminal and ton of features as well.
- Terminal: You will be working a lot with CLI using some system commands. You can use the default or third-party terminal for your web development project. Bash, Zsh, Powershell, Git Bash, iTerm, Hyper these all are options available to use.
- Design (Optional): Not everbody needs to learn this. In companies there is a specific team to make images, logo or sketches but if you are working as a freelancer then you may have to learn Adobe XD, Photoshop, Sketch or Figma.
Start With HTML/CSS
HTML and CSS are the basic building blocks of web development. No matter how advanced your web app is or what frameworks and backend language you are using, you will have to build your frontend application using HTML and CSS. So this is the first thing to learn in web development.
- HTML5 (Semantic elements, attributes, doctype, etc)
- CSS Fundamentals Colors, fonts, positioning, box-model etc.
- CSS Grid and Flexbox to align things or create coloumns.
- CSS Custom Properties
Your application should be viewable and usable on all kinds of devices such as smartphones, tablets, desktop, iPad or any other screen size devices. So it’s important to learn about creating a responsive design or layout. Let’s see some important topics for that.
- Learn how to set the viewport
- Media queries for different screen size.
- Fluid Widths
- rem units
- Mobile First
Learning CSS frameworks is a bit less popular than last year but still very relevant or useful for developers who are not good with design. There are a lot of popular CSS frameworks available to use, some of them are given below.
- Bootstrap is the most popular CSS framework to learn. Learning bootstrap helps in learning other frameworks as well.
- DOM (Document object model)
- Fetch API (Request/Response/Ajax)
- Modern JS (ES6) concepts is really important to learn if you want to move to React, Vue, Angular or other frameworks.
At this point, once you know what tools or technology you should learn for frontend development, you need to know how to deploy your frontend website on the internet. If you are building some tiny applications, landing pages or personal sites for small businesses there is no need to learn AWS or DevOps just because it is shiny and trendy. You will be complicating things more instead of making it simple. There are some tools and steps for deployment that you should learn in 2020.
- Domain Registartion (Namecheap, Google Domains etc.)
- Managed Hosting (InMotion, Hostgator, Bluehost, etc)
- Static Hosting (Netlify, Github Pages)
- SSL Certificate.
- FTP, SFTP (File Transfer Protocol) is good for smaller applications.
- SSH (Secure Shell) for advanced app.
- CLI and Git.
This is all about the things that you should know to become a Web Developer , I hope so you all have like the information within this blog.
Thank You !